Our Environmental Policy
Davies Veterinary Specialists is committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
Davies Veterinary Specialists, part of the Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, offers a range of high-quality veterinary services for small animals via our referral practice situated in Higham Gobion, Hertfordshire.
At Davies, we’re a dedicated, experienced and passionate team of Veterinary Specialists, nurses and professionals based in Hertfordshire. We’ve been providing outstanding care for 25 years and are one of the largest and most diverse veterinary referral hospitals in Europe.
We were established in 1998 as the UK’s first specialist referral centre set up outside of the traditional university-based system. Today, we employ more than 200 Specialist Veterinary clinicians, Registered Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary professionals and provide care for more than 10,000 patients every year.
At our practice, our team works hard to provide friendly, knowledgeable support to pet owners, while maintaining the very highest standards in patient care and client service.
Davies Veterinary Specialists recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We have identified the core environmental impacts associated with the provision of veterinary care at Davies Veterinary Specialists as:
- Climate Change
- Waste Management
- Responsible Pharmaceutical and Chemical Stewardship.
We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and our ambition is to continually improve by:
- Accessing sustainability-focused forums and training
- Monitoring key resources such as electricity, gas, water, anaesthetic gases and transport, and setting reduction targets
- Calculating a Scope 1, 2 and partial Scope 3 carbon footprint, and setting an annual reduction target
- Using sustainability performance metrics to drive change
- Supporting sustainable transport options and healthy lifestyles for our Associates
- Carrying out One Health projects
- Improved resource management including sustainable procurement choices and waste management plans
- Providing our clients support on responsible preventative care strategies
- Accepting returns of unused or out-of-date veterinary medicines to our practices
- Being compliant with applicable environmental regulations and meeting our clients’ expectations.
Davies Veterinary Specialists are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our practice is registered on the iiE Green Directory.
Nicola Taylor, is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
We communicate this policy to our Associates, ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters and opportunities to make changes. We make this policy available to our clients through our practice website and we welcome ideas or questions from clients via our Client Care teams.
For further questions on Linnaeus Sustainability, please contact: [email protected]
or go to the website at https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/about-us/sustainability for more information.
Nicola Taylor, Sustainability Lead
Linnaeus Veterinary Limited trading as Davies Veterinary Specialists 01582 883950
©2024 Davies Veterinary Specialists