Professional Training Opportunities at Davies Veterinary Specialists
As a well respected, RCVS approved, training centre we offer the clinical training and work experience essential for undergraduate and postgraduate Veterinary Professionals through our internship and residency programmes. We also offer EMS placements for final year undergraduate veterinary students.
Read on to find out more about the programmes we offer and how you can apply.
Rotating Veterinary Internships
Ready to start out on the path to a career unlike any other?
Here’s where you begin: on a 12-month Linnaeus rotating veterinary internship with Davies, one of the largest, most exciting small animal referral hospitals in Europe. Learn from the best, gain hands-on experience and start out on a journey towards a career that’s as rewarding and fulfilling as it is successful.
Our 12-month rotating internship has been running for over 20 years, offering rotations through orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, anaesthesia, neurology and nights. There is also an elective week where time can be spent with any discipline including ophthalmology, cardiology, oncology, dentistry or dermatology.
The programme involves clinical training with our team of specialists and interns are encouraged to participate in our regular journal clubs and seminars. A strong mentorship programme aims to offer support and guidance, helping interns to get the most out their year at Davies.
Many of our interns go on to achieve Residency training positions.
There’s no better place to learn
- Structured 12-month veterinary internship rotating through clinical disciplines
- 1:1 mentoring with a trained mentor and small group seminar teaching
- Work closely with nurses and specialists to deliver optimal 24-hour patient care
- Gain hands-on experience in different clinical rotations with a large and varied caseload
- Get involved with case management in liaison with primary clinicians, fully involving you in triage and assessment of out-of-hours emergencies
- Opportunity to develop a truly successful career within Linnaeus’ unrivalled network of referral hospitals and primary care practices
Brilliant benefits for brilliant veterinary interns
- Competitive salary of £35,000 per annum.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Comprehensive induction period
- Structured training
- CPD opportunities
- Private health care
- Pension scheme
Ready to apply?
Applicants need to be:
- A Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons with 1-2 years’ experience in UK small animal practice
- Mature, focused, keen and practical
- Excellent at communication and a team player
Discipline Specific Internships
We also offer discipline specific internships – to see current intern positions available, click the Join Our Team link below.
Veterinary Residents Training
Davies Veterinary Specialists is an approved training centre for a number of European specialist colleges.
Our residents can enrol on an approved training program leading to Diploma examinations.
As part of your residency training, you will have supervision from a senior clinician and have the opportunity to discuss cases with our multi-disciplinary teams.
To see all current opportunities for Residents, click the Join Our Team link below.
As part of your EMS, you will have the opportunity to follow our multi-disciplinary veterinary teams, attend emergency cases and case rounds.
This is a fantastic placement opportunity for final year students. Our EMS placements are very popular so if you are a UK or ROI student, do please get in touch with your request as soon as you can.
If you are interested in a placement at Davies, click here to Register Your Interest.
Watch our video to learn more about working at Davies
"Everyone was very helpful and friendly, from receptionists, nurses to all the vets. Buddy received the best care and treatment during his four-day stay and we were constantly kept informed and updated about his progress!"
Keep up to Date
Top tips for healthy and happy pets this Easter!
Chocolate and other treats are in plentiful supply at Easter, but there are plenty of reasons for pets to avoid them.
Cello’s back on song after life-saving surgery at Davies
A Labrador needed emergency surgery after swallowing a crabapple which ended up stuck in her small intestine.